Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Lost Earring


I was stepping inside the bus to get dropped to Central London office and noticed my left earring was missing. I remember I had both early this morning while while checking at the car mirror. The bus was ready to leave in another 2 minutes and had no time to look for the missing one. It was the longest ever earring I have worn so far that I got for myself from the Italy trip.
I did not want to remove the other one and covered my ears with my short hair. After reaching Central London office, I went straight off to a meeting. A weird idea came to my mind. Why don’t I remain all day with one ear ring and see if anyone notices!

Minutes passed Hours passed. Meeting after meeting and not a single soul noticed my missing earring. What’s really going around with my colleagues? Haan?? People don’t notice me? Don’t they really care what I wear?
I returned to my base office with a sunken heart and learnt that a friend of mine had found the missing pair near my desk. While collecting it from her, the news spread around the ladies friends at work. One of them commented ‘You were just promoting Angelina Jolie’s style at work’ and showed me Angie’s picture at Benjamin Button Premiere with One earring!
May be I’m convinced now :-)

No comments: